Temperate Reef
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coldwater the Future?

3 posters

Go down

Coldwater the Future? Empty Coldwater the Future?

Post by Horus December 17th 2009, 3:24 am

Hello all,

I have been thinking and I know all of you do as well about the future of coldwater and temperate tanks.
Do you think the hobby is growing? Where is it going? How long will it last, and how can we implement its
survival?

We all know its challenges. Each of us have found ways to accomplish a coldwater biotope. How can we the
hobbyist advance this hobby. All of us have a common interest and it lies between 55F and 60F degrees. It is the
lack of temperate livestock dealers, the adventurous freediving and scuba collection methods, the binding
laws of shoreline protection, the excitement of starting your first temperate tank and most of all sharing
it with a growing community of like minded hobbyists.

Where do we go from here? Can we start a fragging community to supply the hobbyists? Can we foster a movement to promote coldwater to suppliers, magazines and dealers? Temperate Reef is the network.
Can we be the movement?

What do you think?

H
Horus
Horus
Fish Fry

Back to top Go down

Coldwater the Future? Empty Re: Coldwater the Future?

Post by Hero December 17th 2009, 10:24 pm

Certainly sounds like great inspiration for a get going of the hobby. I think that places like temperate reef will continue to attract attention but unless we actually get a supplier going i am afraid things will go pretty slowly. However some hobbyists can due there part and frag and give. Others thoughts on this subject will be great and i honestly think coldwater tanks will gain the momentum to be the next big thing in saltwater aquarium keeping.
Hero
Hero
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluntokian December 17th 2009, 11:21 pm

Well, As you already know I am working on starting a frag business. Once I have a nice supply of tropical specimens I would be willing to start some temeperate tanks. I may need someone to send me some frags to get started however.
Bluntokian
Bluntokian
Pacific Sunfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down