Temperate Reef
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we start a list of good Literature here? Also great deal on Monterey Bay Book on Ebay

4 posters

Go down

Can we start a list of good Literature here? Also great deal on Monterey Bay Book on Ebay Empty Can we start a list of good Literature here? Also great deal on Monterey Bay Book on Ebay

Post by AquaticEngineer December 2nd 2010, 9:31 pm

I've had this one book since I was in high school, its calle " Under Northern Seas". My mom bought it for me as a birthday present and its almost the entire reason I wanted a coldwater marine tank.

Anyways, I just picked up a paperback copy of "A Living Bay: The Underwater World of Monterey Bay" on ebay shipped for $6.78 and thought I would share this with your guys since there is a couple more on there for similar prices if you are interested.

HERE"S THE LINK TO EBAY, STILL A BUNCH LEFT.

Also, please list any other books or reading material you enjoy or find useful in your endevours with temperate aquaria Very Happy
AquaticEngineer
AquaticEngineer

Back to top Go down

Can we start a list of good Literature here? Also great deal on Monterey Bay Book on Ebay Empty Re: Can we start a list of good Literature here? Also great deal on Monterey Bay Book on Ebay

Post by AquaticEngineer December 2nd 2010, 9:50 pm

Holy Crap guys, if your looking for reference books and good reading material on marine species, checkout GOODWILL BOOKS ON EBAY
AquaticEngineer
AquaticEngineer

Back to top Go down

Can we start a list of good Literature here? Also great deal on Monterey Bay Book on Ebay Empty Re: Can we start a list of good Literature here? Also great deal on Monterey Bay Book on Ebay

Post by C-Rad December 3rd 2010, 7:50 pm

There is a small book (98 pages, 8.5" x 5.5"), written by David Wrobel, formerly of the Monterey Bay Aquarium titled "The Temperate Reef Aquarium". It is the only book I've seen that is written for people who want to set up a temperate aquarium with animals from the west coast of the united states. The first half goes over all of the general topics, like water chemistry, lighting, flow, etc. and then, for each of a long list of species you might want to keep, the second half consists of detailed descriptions of the husbandry needs of these animals. This little book contains the most useful information I've found anywhere for keeping Eastern Pacific animals in a home aquarium (California, Oregon, Washington). Some of the tank information is a little dated (1991), but the book is still a must have for guys like me. No pictures, but the information is extremely valuable.

It is only available, as far as I know, from the publisher, which is a little company in Sand City Ca, called Sea Life Supply. They want $20 for it plus $3 S&H. You can contact them and order it at
info@sealifesupply.com (you can use PayPal to this email address)

or call with a credit card: (831) 394-0828

Last edited by C-Rad on December 7th 2010, 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
C-Rad
Fish Fry

Back to top Go down

Post by norskfisk December 4th 2010, 6:03 am

For those who live around the Atlantic this is a must have: Marine Fish & Invertebrates of Northern Europe, by Moen and Svensen. The english version has about 600 pages and 1000 pictures. The pictures are all of extremely high quality. They are taken by Erling Svensen and his brother who have dedicated their entire lives to photographing the marine life in northern Europe. It has great completeness in the sense that there are pictures of almost any animal that is longer than a centimeter and can be seen at diveable depths. The pictures are so great that even if you live at the North American Pacific coast it is worth buying. The same species are rarely found on both sides of the continent, but you will find that the groups are the same. Each species on the Atlantic side usually has a relative on the Pacific side with the same role in the eco system. Very fascinating.

Marine Fish & Invertebrates of Northern Europe - Amazon UK
Marine Fish & Invertebrates of Northern Europe - Amazon US
norskfisk
norskfisk
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by animalmaster6 December 14th 2010, 10:57 pm

Hi Jon,
Your temperate reef was stunning and I was wondering if you set up your new tank yet? Would love to see more stuff from you!
animalmaster6
animalmaster6
Bay Pipefish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down