Temperate Reef
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New chiller design that will make us all very happy!

5 posters

Go down

New chiller design that will make us all very happy! Empty New chiller design that will make us all very happy!

Post by AquaticEngineer March 12th 2013, 10:34 pm

I dont know if any of you have racked your brain like I have trying to come up with a quiet compact chiller solution for a temperate tank. I've gone through, compressor chillers, diy mini fridge chillers, lobster tanks, Iceprobes, you name it.

They all have their benefits and downfalls, but I think this may be the one that finally hits the nail on the head.

I'm SUPER STOKED to start playing with one of these on my wall mounted california biotope tank. I was even building something similar when I stumbled upon their website. I literally have torn apart heat sinks, peltiers, fans, water blocks etc laying on my kitchen table, lol.

New chiller design that will make us all very happy! CS-Logo
https://chillsolutions.com/?wpsc-product=chiller1
New chiller design that will make us all very happy! CSXC-1_Retail-1024x914

CSXC-1 FEATURES:

Powerful - Recommended for tanks up to 30 gallons
Thermoelectric Technology - Directly converts electrical power into cooling power
Quiet - No pumps or mechanical compressors
Reliable - Only one moving part!
Easy Install - No drilling necessary
Automatic Temperature Control - Built in thermostat automatically turns the chiller on and off, just set the temperature and the CSXC-1 will do the rest
Enviromentally Friendly - No refrigerants or ozone depleting chemicals
Quality Construction - 100% MADE IN THE USA
AquaticEngineer
AquaticEngineer

Back to top Go down

New chiller design that will make us all very happy! Empty Re: New chiller design that will make us all very happy!

Post by norskfisk March 14th 2013, 4:42 pm

Interesting, looking forward to see details and specs.

Seems like the dial only goes to 55F though, which is way too high for me here in Norway, so I would need to override it and use my own temperature controller.
norskfisk
norskfisk
Mentor

Back to top Go down

New chiller design that will make us all very happy! Empty Re: New chiller design that will make us all very happy!

Post by AquaticEngineer March 14th 2013, 4:46 pm

I'll still be using a reefkeeper on the system for monitoring temp so I may just have the reef keeper control it.
AquaticEngineer
AquaticEngineer

Back to top Go down

Post by 4PacNW March 14th 2013, 9:56 pm

Prior to this the most powerful one of these was for tanks up to 10 gallons - 50 W , which is pretty ridiculous. I guess there is an actual limitation on the abilities of this type of cooling given its nature.

Is this just a larger version of the ice-probe or is it actually more powerfull. I can see how this would work well though because the ice probe does get frostily cold.
4PacNW
4PacNW
Bay Pipefish

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaticEngineer March 14th 2013, 10:24 pm

Its actually double the wattage of peltier that the iceprobe uses. It needs a 10.8 amp power supply so the peltier is likely a 92 watt one. I spoke with the owner of Chill Solutions and he couldn't tell me the exact specs (for pending patent reasons, which I totally understand) but he said that I was pretty spot on with my guess based on the power consumption.
AquaticEngineer
AquaticEngineer

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaticEngineer March 25th 2013, 12:41 am

Mine should be here next week Smile Guess I better finish the tank now.
AquaticEngineer
AquaticEngineer

Back to top Go down

Post by tcwiseone March 25th 2013, 1:11 pm

Do it! then pics pics pics!
tcwiseone
tcwiseone
Fish Fry

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaticEngineer March 25th 2013, 3:35 pm

Just went and bought a can of black pond foam to start in the rockwork Wink
AquaticEngineer
AquaticEngineer

Back to top Go down

Post by thherste September 10th 2013, 2:14 pm

I just ordered my chill solutions chiller too...how is yours working? I went by your recommendation and am using the same 8g tank.
thherste
thherste
Fish Fry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down