Temperate Reef
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking back through my old threads...

3 posters

Go down

Looking back through my old threads... Empty Looking back through my old threads...

Post by Brent February 14th 2011, 12:15 am

I realize how far I've come in this hobby! Even though I still haven't managed to provide myself with a tank, I look at how much more knowledgeable I am now. Really though, it's almost embarrassing to see the uneducated things I posted over the course of my fishkeeping career. But I guess it's all a learning process.

Felt I needed to post that. Razz
Brent
Brent
Garibaldi

Back to top Go down

Looking back through my old threads... Empty Re: Looking back through my old threads...

Post by Michael Milligan February 16th 2011, 4:18 pm

It's that way for everyone! lol

The internet is the greatest information depository/network EVER. I commonly liken it to the discovery of fire or the wheel. Try to compare your understanding to someone who only used books to learn.

One of my other hobbies, bonsai, showed the same thing. When I joined a actual local group I found that the information I had gained from the internet put me the the role of expert, even though I was the newest member and others have been doing this for 30 years!
Michael Milligan
Michael Milligan
Starry Flounder

Back to top Go down

Looking back through my old threads... Empty Re: Looking back through my old threads...

Post by Hero February 17th 2011, 7:09 pm

It's surprising. I think of my very first post on TPF, "is it okay to have 2 1inch Fig 8's in a 7 gallon?"... and how much further I've come.
Hero
Hero
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brent February 18th 2011, 3:54 pm

Agreed Michael. It really is a wealth of knowledge, only a few clicks away. Smile

Fishkeeping must have been a lot harder back before the Internet was invented.

PF- thankfully I didn't do that. But I've had what you could call... trials of an uneducated mind. Haha

You definitely have come a long way, if that's where you started.
Brent
Brent
Garibaldi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero February 20th 2011, 6:10 pm

Luckily I didn't. I got a valentini puffer instead Very Happy.
Hero
Hero
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero February 20th 2011, 6:10 pm

In a 15g... temporary of course Wink.
Hero
Hero
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brent February 20th 2011, 10:13 pm

Haha, just jumped right into it. Wink
Brent
Brent
Garibaldi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero March 7th 2011, 10:13 pm

Yup haha.
Hero
Hero
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down