Temperate Reef
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VIDEO of some of the stuff I collected.

+4
Hero
Reef_Logic
Brent
Michael Milligan
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

VIDEO of some of the stuff I collected. - Page 2 Empty Re: VIDEO of some of the stuff I collected.

Post by Hero October 17th 2010, 12:42 am

Well I believe when they lay eggs it's sort of the end of the cycle for them. Correct me if I'm wrong. I have no idea what the skins are. Maybe they are eggs? Here is a picture from Wiki of dorid nudibranch eggs.

VIDEO of some of the stuff I collected. - Page 2 800px-Eggs_of_nudibranch
Hero
Hero
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

VIDEO of some of the stuff I collected. - Page 2 Empty Re: VIDEO of some of the stuff I collected.

Post by Michael Milligan October 17th 2010, 5:40 am

I guess they could be eggs... but I can't see any separation between eggs or groups of eggs like in the photo. So far, that is the leading idea!

So it is going to die... oh well, the ocean is full of them. hehehe.. I'm more worried about my Claw frog that looks like it is dieing. Sad

Michael Milligan
Michael Milligan
Starry Flounder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero October 20th 2010, 12:56 am

Maybe. I would say return it back to the ocean but that's not a good idea. Just keep it happy as long as possible Happy.
Hero
Hero
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Milligan October 20th 2010, 7:02 am

It's live and well, crawling up the side of the aquarium. What is the date on the first vid? Somehow this thing is finding enough food. I have done some online digging, and I think

I just added a ton of mussels I got from work, and the water is awful, but they are fine. I think tide pool animals are some of the toughest on earth. This lemon seem ok, how long does it take to starve? sorry to say that I have a bit of animal testing going on, but this is science in it's purest form.

I was telling a co-worker in the kitchen that i had found an actual fronter or science. "really?" he asked.

"Yes" I said.

"I collected a nutibranch called a 'sea lemon'. "Apparently it really only eats sponges of an undetermined kind," I said. "Therefore I need to determine the kind of sponge and HOPEFULLY cultivate it as food for the nutibranch."

YOU people understand what I'm talking about, but others are totally lost.

Michael Milligan
Michael Milligan
Starry Flounder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero October 22nd 2010, 2:25 am

I'm sure there are people who know. The easiest way to find out would be to just look for some in the wild and see what they're eating. Just please be sure to be as humane as possible. If you believe you are unable to properly care for the questioned animal before you bring it to the aquarium than don't.
Hero
Hero
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2