Temperate Reef
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The dreaded Ich... Help

2 posters

Go down

The dreaded Ich... Help Empty The dreaded Ich... Help

Post by snapperhead July 19th 2012, 9:06 pm

Hi Guys HELP!!!!!!Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad .I have got a dose of the dreaded ICH or marine white spot. It hit my Gobies fast and also a small puffer ,so far in 2 days its taken 7 small fish and has started to effect my larger Puffer.

Symptoms are Salt like dust over body, Cloudy eyes , listless and seems to be worse over night also looks like fluff around the edges of the eyes ..

I have tried daily 20% water changes and have increased the fresh levels, I have given the effected fish a fresh water bath ( started with 5min dips I may try longer today) and have cleaned and cleaned and cleaned..

All i have left is bloody copper treatment ..Anyone got some other idea's as I dont want to use copper treatments in the DT as it will effect the live rock, sand / shell grit The DSB and the invertebrates. I will use it in my quarantine tank if I have to for badly effected fish but this is a small tank and I only use it for small new speices as a rule and will only fit one or two of my larger fish.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Last edited by snapperhead on July 21st 2012, 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
snapperhead
snapperhead
Round Stingray

Back to top Go down

The dreaded Ich... Help Empty Re: The dreaded Ich... Help

Post by snapperhead July 20th 2012, 6:56 am

I have decided to go for Ventronox ...Has anyone used it before?
snapperhead
snapperhead
Round Stingray

Back to top Go down

Post by snapperhead July 21st 2012, 11:29 pm

Well It all looks to late for a large % of my fish Sad

The puffer has not responded to any treatment at all and this morning it looks like he's on his last legs.

I have lost all 8 Gobies, 3 coblers, 1 puffer soon to be 2 .and at this speed Im thinking Velvet rather than Ich .Copper is my only choice now Sad .
snapperhead
snapperhead
Round Stingray

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero August 7th 2012, 2:50 am

That's terrible Sad. I'm sorry no one had the time to respond to any of your posts. In the future I would check The Puffer Forum for information regarding puffers and ich/velvet. The people there are very knowledgeable about the subject.

Again I'm deeply sorry for the loss Sad How unfortunate.
Hero
Hero
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by snapperhead January 5th 2013, 6:07 am

Well .. I lost alot of favorites

I have saved 10 in total and only the large scale fish got through.

I have been wanting to restock ,but I have no grass beds to hunt in as the constant flooding of the lake killed off most of it in the shallows down to 10ft.

It also looks like we will be moving due to Work in the next 6mths so the less I have to move the better. And I want to adjust a few thing in the DT including tidal zone for shore crabs etc and a bigger scrubber section .
snapperhead
snapperhead
Round Stingray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum