Temperate Reef
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Books by David Wrobel

4 posters

Go down

Books by David Wrobel Empty Books by David Wrobel

Post by snapperhead September 14th 2011, 7:01 pm

Has anyone got any marine books writen by David Wrobel Ive been looking and looking and found nothing in print..If by chance you do have a book or 2 can you post the ISBN numbers it would make seaching that much easyier..Very Happy

Ive heard there is one about temperate marine aquariums but I have only found a magazine artical..
snapperhead
snapperhead
Round Stingray

Back to top Go down

Books by David Wrobel Empty Re: Books by David Wrobel

Post by Hero September 15th 2011, 4:54 am

Amazon has a book on Pacific Coast Pelagic Invertebrates. Otherwise, this Google Books search might help you; it's just one of his name with marine in quotes.
Hero
Hero
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ~ocean September 17th 2011, 8:19 pm

I haven't found much about fishkeeping but do check out Planet Ocean by these 2 french marine biologists (I believe the books are published by National Geographic) Very Happy
~ocean
~ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaticEngineer September 19th 2011, 2:35 am

Most of the books I have are all specific to the Pacific Northwest coast of the US.

But one of the better books I picked up is Marine Life of the Pacific Northwest by Andy Lamb. Its a photographic encyclopedia that is the most comprehensive and up to date of anything I have found.

Other books that are good that I have are:

Under Northern Seas by Linda Pitkin ( makes for a really good coffee table book, lol)

A Living Bay by Lovell Langstroth

Coastal fishes of the Pacific Northwest by Andy Lamb ( there is also a revised and updated second edition)
AquaticEngineer
AquaticEngineer

Back to top Go down

Post by snapperhead October 20th 2011, 8:08 pm

Wrobel, David J. 1987. Keeping native marine fish in the home aquarium. FAMA 12/87.
Wrobel, David. 1992. The temperate marine aquarium. TFH 6/92.
Wrobel, David. 1992. Chilling your aquarium; how to control excessive water temperatures. AFM 12/92.
I keep finding references to his books but cant find any in print ...Arrgggg
snapperhead
snapperhead
Round Stingray

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero October 27th 2011, 2:31 am

That's unfortunate. I'm sure it's out there somewhere though. I'll see if I can help.
Hero
Hero
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaticEngineer October 27th 2011, 12:48 pm

I was doing some digging around trying to find those books also and I found an article by Bob Fenner titled "Keep Your Cool with a Pacific Aquarium" that was in the July 2011 copy of Aquarium Fish International. I'll list all the references he uses in his article below, all of which are good info for us. I'm going to pick up the PDF file of the magazine later today and I'll share what it says.

Pacific Coldwater Aquarium References

Bonus content from the July 2011 AFI magazine article "Keep Your Cool with a Pacific Aquarium."

By Bob Fenner

<p>Burgreen, Warren W. 1972. “An Inexpensive Cold Water Aquarium.” Marine Aquarist.

Ellis, Gerald R. 1982. “Keeping Temperate Marines.” Freshwater and Marine Aquarium. R/C Modeler, Sierra Madre, California.

Glodek, Garrett S. 1990. “Coldwater Marine Aquariums.” Freshwater and Marine Aquarium. R/C Modeler, Sierra Madre, California.

Goldstein, Robert J. 1992. “Cold-water aquaria; making a big splash with consumers.” Pet Age. H.H. Backer Associates Inc., Chicago, Illinois.

Miller, Daniel J. and R.N. Lea. 1976. “Guide to the Coastal Marine Fishes of California: California Fish Bulletin Number 157.”

Niesen, Thomas M. 1982. “The Marine Biology Coloring Book.” Harper & Row, Publishers, New York.

Robertson, Graham C. 1975. “Collecting and Keeping Temperate Marines.” Marine Aquarist.

Wrobel, David J. 1987. “Keeping Native Marine Fish in the Home Aquarium.” Freshwater and Marine Aquarium. R/C Modeler, Sierra Madre, California.

Wrobel, David J. 1992. “The Temperate Marine Aquarium.” Tropical Fish Hobbyist. TFH Publications, Neptune City, New Jersey.

Wrobel, David J. 1992. “Chilling Your Aquarium; How to Control Excessive Water Temperatures.” Aquarium Fish International. BowTie Inc., Irvine, California.

Want to read the full story? Pick up the July 2011 issue of Aquarium Fish International
AquaticEngineer
AquaticEngineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum